Soon – a – Go, from the Greek word meaning “gather together” or “compile” is an every so often round up of interesting articles and deals I’ve come across, usually within the past week or two.
- The Church of Obama Christ: Not sure if this is serious or not, but it’s creepy
- Kim Jong Un, Sexiest man Alive: The Onion, in one of its satirical pieces, named North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un the Sexiest Man Alive. A Chines paper, however, didn’t realize it was a joke, and put out a report congratulating him. Won’t be the first time the Onion has caused a stir.
- Featured Ebook: The Need for Grace Does Away with Free Will Altogether. For 1.85 at Monergism.com.
- Al Mohler Called to Step Down: In a recent article over at SBCIssues.com, Bob Hadley has asked Al Mohler to step down in order to heal division in the SBC. Is this really the way to move forward? You can find my interaction with the author in the previous post. (Be sure to read the comments for clarification on both our parts).
- Apocalypse Soon: For safety from impending apocalypse, rent a home here. Apparently the aliens will rescue you.
- Follow the Pope on Twitter: The New York Times has released an article declaring that the Pope himself will send his first tweet as @pontifex sometime next week. Follow him on Twitter. He follows no one.
- Calvin the Missionary: Over at the gospel coalition blog, my friend John Starke has written an important article on Calvin’s zeal for missions. One of the most common critiques of Calvinism is that it is incompatible with evangelism. Is this true? Read the article.